Media Advisory: SF State to hold 115th Commencement May 27 at AT&T Park
SAN FRANCISCO, May 12, 2015 -- San Francisco State University will hold its 115th Commencement ceremony on Friday, May 27. A crowd of 35,000 is expected to be on hand as more than 8,000 undergraduate and graduate students receive their degrees at AT&T Park, where the event is being held for the second consecutive year.
Media planning to attend should register in advance with University Communications by calling (415) 338-1665 or emailing . For more information about Commencement, visit: .
WHAT: San Francisco State University's 115th Commencement ceremony
- Commencement speaker
Jonas Rivera, Academy Award-winning Disney/Pixar producer and SF State alum
- President's Medal recipient
George P. Shultz, sixtieth U.S. Secretary of State
- Honorary degree recipients
- A. Robert Linscheid, former chair of the California State University Board of Trustees
- Jeffrey Mallett, former president and chief operating officer of Yahoo! Inc.
- Charlotte Shultz, chief of protocol for the San Francisco Mayor’s Office of Protocol
- A fireworks display will conclude the event.
WHEN: Friday, May 27, 2015
- 3 p.m.: AT&T Park opens to media
- 5:30 p.m.: Student procession begins
- 6:30 p.m.: Ceremony begins (expected duration: two to three hours)
WHERE: AT&T Park, San Francisco
- Media should check in at the O'Doul Gate Media Entrance, located next to the Giants Dugout Store.
Media planning to cover the event should be advised of the following:
- All members of the media will be asked to display valid identification identifying themselves and the organization they represent.
- Wi-Fi, workspaces with outlets and light refreshments will be available.
- Media will not be permitted on the field or stage at any time.
- Media interested in interviewing SF State President Les Wong prior to the ceremony should contact University Communications.
- Interviews with Commencement speaker Jonas Rivera and the exceptional graduating students can be arranged through University Communications. For student bios, visit: http://news.sfsu.edu/news-story/twelve-outstanding-students-be-honored-commencement