Class of 2019: Accept your admission offer now
On Saturday, April 4, San Francisco State University welcomed thousands of potential Gators to Sneak Preview, the annual open house for prospective students. The event drew between 11,000 and 12,000 visitors to the SF State campus to attend a range of sessions, get answers to questions and formally accept their admission offer.
"We expect to welcome nearly 4,000 freshmen from high schools across California as well as transfer students from around the Bay Area and the world," said Jo Volkert, senior associate vice president for enrollment management. "Fall 2015 is going to be an exciting time both for them and for us."
According to Volkert, incoming students can prepare for their fall start at SF State through the following steps.
- Accept the University's admission offer by the May 1 deadline. (This applies to undergraduates only. Graduate programs have later deadlines; see the Division of Graduate Studies webpage for details.)
- Sign up for one of the New Student Orientation sessions in June and July. (A list of dates is available online.)
- Register for fall 2015 classes at your orientation session.
- Submit final transcripts by the July 15 deadline.
- If you will be living in on-campus housing, move in on August 20.
- Get to know the campus, the University and your fellow Gators during Welcome Days, a week-long series of events designed to make your transition into life at SF State as smooth (and fun) as possible. Fall 2015 classes begin on Monday, Aug. 24.
More information on preparing for a future at SF State can be found online at sfsu.edu/future/ihavebeenadmitted.html or in the Steps for New Students brochure available at www.sfsu.edu/future/StepsforNewStudents_Fall2015.pdf