The health and safety of our faculty and staff are at the forefront of our planning decisions as we collectively prepare to return to in-person work and instruction. To protect the health of our campus community, the University will prepare and revise plans and actions in response to new and emerging San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH) guidelines.
There are reasons to remain optimistic that we can safely return to campus together: Millions of people have been vaccinated across the state, California’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy informs guidance on when it is safe to reopen our operations and SF State’s cautious and robust approach to the pandemic has resulted in no widespread campus infections.
During this phased return to campus, we ask for your continued flexibility and patience as we respond to evidence-based health and safety guidelines, and we thank you for the work you do every day as dedicated members of our Gator community. For the latest workplace health and safety guidelines for Spring and Summer 2021, please refer to the information and resources below. As plans are finalized for Fall 2021, additional guidance will be provided as available.
Health and Safety
Health and safety remain our University’s top priorities. We have implemented practical and effective measures, based and supported by public health guidelines, which we will continually optimize and re-evaluate.
- Wash hands often.
- Avoid touching surfaces that are frequently touched by others, and sharing food, drinks and other materials.
- Maintain physical distance: Stay six feet apart whenever possible. Feel free to indicate to a colleague if you would like more space or reduced time when meeting in person.
- Complete COVID-19 health screening (available on the SF State mobile app or using a web browser) each day prior to coming to campus.
Watch for COVID-19 symptoms and know what to do if you have suspected or confirmed exposure to COVID-19:
- Stay home (or leave immediately from work) and notify your appropriate administrator.
- Report to the campus by completing an online form.
- Call your primary care provider if you feel sick.
Additional Campus Resources
- Visit Health and Safety for more detailed information on SF State's campus safety protocols.
- Visit Prepare to Return to review the Administrators Five Steps for Returning to Campus and Appropriate Administrator Considerations.
- View the 3-Step Process for Faculty and Staff.
- View the 3-Step Process for Appropriate Administrators.
- Check current building hours on the Buildings and Available Spaces webpage.
Staff Guidance on Workplace Scenarios
Support for Staff and Faculty
Parking & Transportation
Research, Scholarship and Creative Activities (RSCA)
Please note, the planning, guidance and information reflected on this website are subject to change in response to local public health conditions and local, state and federal guidelines concerning COVID-19. Last revised 06/01/21.