Prevention and Well-being
The COVID-19 Vaccine
What Can You do to Keep Yourself Healthy?
Cold vs Flu vs Coronavirus
Range from Mild to Severe
High (100-102 F)
Can last 3-4 days
|General Aches & Pains||Slight||
|Fatigue & Weakness||Mild||Intense||Sometimes|
|Cough||Mild to Moderate||
Can be Severe
|Shortness of Breath||Rare||Rare||Sometimes|
Face Covering Requirements
In light of health updates issued by the city of San Francisco, members of the San Francisco State University community are required to wear face coverings when on campus.
Effective Types of Masks Include:
- Cloth masks made out of 2-3 layers of tightly woven breathable fabric
- Medical procedure (surgical or disposable) masks that fit well on your face
- Real KN95 respirators
- NIOSH-approved N95 respirator should be considered for higher risk populations. Read more about how to safely and properly wear N95 respirators.
Face Coverings that are NOT recommended:
- Single-layer gaiters, scarves, ski mask, balaclava, and bandanas. These may be worn OVER an acceptable mask or respirator for either looks or to extend the life of the mask.
- Please note, in accordance with the CDC, scarves, ski mask, balaclava, and bandanas are not allowed on transit.
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- California Department of Public Health
- San Francisco Department of Public Health
- World Health Organization
- Johns Hopkins University real-time dashboard of global coronavirus infection map
- U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration