Vice President for Student Affairs candidates visit campus
After evaluating an extensive pool of applicants, a search committee comprised of faculty, staff, and students has identified five finalists for position of vice president for Student Affairs. The five candidates will visit campus for full-day visits between January 30 and February 7. Candidates will meet with student leaders, faculty and staff, including personnel from Student Affairs/ Enrollment Management, and other members of the campus community.
Each candidate will also participate in a community forum, which is open to the entire campus community. The forums, which will include presentations by each candidate, will take place in the Library Events Room, LIB 121, from 3 to 4 p.m. on the following dates:
- Thursday, Jan. 30: Kevin Colaner, associate vice president for Student Services, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Friday, Jan. 31: Nancy Wada-McKee, assistant vice president for Student Affairs-Student Services, California State University, Los Angeles
- Monday, Feb. 3: Edward Mills, associate vice president for Student Affairs, California State University, Sacramento
- Tuesday, Feb. 4: Jo Volkert, interim vice president for Student Affairs/Enrollment Management, San Francisco State University
- Friday, Feb. 7: Luoluo Hong, vice chancellor for Student Affairs, University of Hawaii at Hilo
For more information about the position and the candidates, including their curricula vitae, visit the search committee's website at http://vpsa-search.sfsu.edu . The website also provides an opportunity to submit feedback.
The successful candidate will play an important role in furthering the university’s mission and I encourage you get to know the candidates and to share your perspective.