MEDIA ADVISORY: Election Day at SF State to feature on-campus polling location and viewing party with political science faculty
SAN FRANCISCO, November 1, 2016 – With the election just one week away, San Francisco State University is ready for Election Day 2016 with several on-campus media opportunities:
Unofficial exit polling on the SF State campus
The 2016 presidential election will go down as one of the most contentious in history, and nearly one-third of SF State students will be eligible to vote for the first time. This is a great opportunity to conduct unofficial exit polls as students get out the vote without leaving campus. Students who live on campus in Mary Ward Hall, Mary Park Hall, the Village at Centennial Square and Towers at Centennial will be casting their ballots with other residents of Precinct 9741 at SF State’s Seven Hills Conference Center.
- When: Tuesday, Nov. 8, 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Where: Seven Hills Conference Center, Russian Hill Room, 800 Font Blvd.
- Enter from Font Blvd. between Mary Ward Hall and the City Eats Dining Center
- Who: Contact University Communications at 415-338-1665.
Election night viewing party with live analysis from SF State political scientists
Looking for the perfect spot to watch the election returns, with expert commentary, too? The media and the public are welcome to join the SF State community as 2016 election results are tallied and announced in the 700-seat McKenna Theatre. SF State political scientists, including Professors Marcela Garcia-Castañon, Joel Kassiola, Jason McDaniel, Francis Neely and Justin Peck will be on hand to provide ongoing commentary and discuss the results.
- When: Tuesday, Nov. 8, 4:00 p.m. – until the election is decided (or until the doors close at 10 p.m.)
- Where: McKenna Theatre, Creative Arts Building, San Francisco State University, 1600 Holloway Drive
- Who: Contact Professor Joel Kassiola at 415-338-3463 or firstname.lastname@example.org before 3:30 p.m. Contact University Communications at 415-338-1665 after 3:30 p.m.
San Francisco State University is a doctoral public university serving the counties of San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin with nationally acclaimed programs that span a broad range of disciplines. Nearly 30,000 students enroll at the University each year, and its more than 236,000 graduates have contributed to the economic, cultural and civic fabric of San Francisco and beyond. Through them — and more than 1,600 world-class faculty members — SF State proudly embraces its legacy of academic excellence, community engagement and commitment to social justice. For more information, visit sfsu.edu.