Video of presidential search committee meeting online
A video recording of the first meeting of the SF State presidential search committee is now available for viewing online.
The committee met Feb. 20 for an open session to review the role of the committee, receive comments and input from the public and campus community, explain the search process and confidentiality, discuss preferred attributes of the next president, review the descriptions and needs of the campus and presidential position, and discuss any other business related to the search process.
The California State University (CSU) Board of Trustees is searching for a new president of SF State to succeed President Robert A. Corrigan, who is retiring after serving as president of the University since 1988. The committee will work over the next several months to review applications and conduct interviews and will continue to take input from the SF State community throughout the search process.
Members of the Trustees' Committee for the Selection of the President are:
- Roberta Achtenberg, CSU Trustee, Committee Chair
- Herbert L. Carter, Chair of the CSU Trustees
- Kenneth Fong, CSU Trustee
- Melinda Guzman, CSU Trustee
- Peter Mehas, CSU Trustee
- Charles B. Reed, CSU Chancellor
CSU Board policy requires the chair to appoint an advisory committee comprised of representatives of campus constituencies, selected by members of the constituent groups. Both committees function as one group. Members of the campus community who wish to provide input on the presidential search process are encouraged to contact their representatives on the advisory committee.
Members of the Advisory Committee to the Trustees' Committee for the Selection of the President are:
- Gwyneth Borden, manager, corporate citizenship and corporate affairs, IBM
- Leona Bridges, SF State Alumni Association
- Maxine Chernoff, chair/professor of creative writing
- Trevor Getz, professor of history
- Alexander Gonzalez, president, Sacramento State University
- John Gumas, chair, SF State Foundation
- Andrew Gutierrez, III, president, SF State Associated Students
- Lorna Chang Hill, supervisor, Undergraduate Admissions
- Robert J. Nava, vice president, University Advancement
- Pamela Vaughn, chair, Academic Senate
The committee is seeking input from the campus community and anyone interested in the transition.
To contact the committee, please submit your suggestions and thoughts email@example.com.
For more information about the CSU presidential search process, see the CSU Executive Search page and the SF State presidential transition page To view the video, click here: www.sfsu.edu/~pubaff/video/34a.mov