Media Advisory: SF State's 114th Commencement, May 22
SAN FRANCISCO, May 8, 2015 -- San Francisco State University's 114th Commencement ceremony will be held on Friday, May 22. Attendance of more than 30,000 is expected as more than 8,000 undergraduate and graduate students receive their degrees at AT&T Park, where the event is being held for the first time.
Media planning to attend should register in advance with University Communications by calling (415) 338-1665 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT: San Francisco State University's 114th Commencement ceremony
- Commencement speaker: Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom
- Honorary degree recipients:
- Actress and SF State alum Annette Bening
- Poet and publisher Lawrence Ferlinghetti
- Lawyer and educator Peter Gabel
- A fireworks display will conclude the event.
WHEN: Friday, May 22, 2015
3 p.m.: AT&T Park opens to media
5:30 p.m.: Student procession begins
6:30 p.m.: Ceremony begins (expected duration: two to three hours)
WHERE: AT&T Park, San Francisco. Media should check in at the O'Doul Gate Media Entrance, located next to the Giants Dugout Store.
INFO: For more information about SF State's 114th Commencement, visit: http://commencement.sfsu.edu
Media planning to cover the event should be advised of the following:
- All members of the media will be asked to display valid identification identifying themselves and the organization they represent.
- Wi-Fi, workspaces with outlets and light refreshments will be available.
- Media will be able to access the field level for filming/photography/reporting but must remain in designated media areas. Media will not be permitted on the field or stage at any time.
- Media interested in interviewing SF State President Les Wong prior to the ceremony should contact University Communications.
- Interviews with exceptional graduating students can be arranged through University Communications. For student bios, visit: http://news.sfsu.edu/twelve-students-be-honored-commencement